New Delhi: Updated: 13-May-2021, 09:57 PM
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a dramatic loss of human life worldwide and presents an unprecedented challenge to public health, food systems and the world of work. Millions of enterprises face an existential threat. The Representations has been made for the Relief in the form of Relaxation in the Due Dates of Various Statutory Compliances. In view of the same the Government has provided relief in the form of Extension of Various Due Dates for the Compliances. In line with the relief measures provided by the Government, the Ministry of Labour and Employment. ESI Payment & Return Due date Extended by ESIC by one month. Now the extended due date for the Month of April 2021 is 15-June-2021.
Extension in Due Date of Payment & Filing of ESIC-A Relief Measure by Ministry of Labour & Employment in Second wave of COVID-19 Pandemic
In line with the relief measures being extended by Government to business entities and workers Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has relaxed the provision as entered in Regulation 31 of ESI (General) Regulations, 1950. Now the Due date of Payment as well filing of ESI contribution for the month of April, 2021 has been Extended upto 15th June, 2021 instead of 15th May, 2021.
Now the Employers who are covered under ESI Scheme can now file and pay ESI Contribution for the month of April,2021 upto 15th June, 2021. Earlier the Due Date of Filing ESI return for the ESI Contribution was 15th May, 2021.
The ESIC due date extension has been tweeted by ESIC which is shown below:
ESIC due date Extension Notification-View/Download
The Second wave of COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted various enterprises as Lockdown in various states, establishments are facing challenges pertaining to payment & filing of ESI.
Keeping in mind the same the ESI Return Due date has been extended to 15th June 2021.
- Income Tax Return Due Date Extended for FY 2019-20/AY 2020-21
- GST Late Fees Waived off & Due Date Extended 2021: Covid-19 Relief
- Latest TDS Rate Chart for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)|Pdf Download
- Shiwali Shukla is a member of ICAI since 2018 & She has excelled in Chartered Accountancy & follows an innovative & talented approach towards work, She is also an Ex- Employee of Ernst & Young. She is having the Expertise in the filed of Direct Taxation, Indirect Taxation, Company Law matters & Finance. She is also having more than 3 years of Experience in the same field. & more than 3 years if Experience in the field of Direct as well as Indirect Taxation..
Latest Article Written
- 2021.06.22ArticlesCompliance Check Functionality for Section 206AB & 206CCA-Download Circular
- 2021.06.11ArticlesSection 206AB and 206CCA: Higher Rate of TDS/TCS for Non-Filers of Income Tax Return (w.e.f. 1st July 2021)
- 2021.06.02GSTGST Amnesty Scheme (Relief in Late Fees & Interest) 2021 & Return due date extension Announced
- 2021.05.13ArticlesESI Payment & Return Due date Extended for the Month of April 2021: COVID-19 relaxation [Read Notification]